Smoke from indoor cooking fires is a leading cause of death of children under age five, and the world's largest environmental killer. It kills eight times as many people as malaria. Our program benefits the families and children impacted by smoke from indoor cooking fires.
StoveTeam International assists with the production of safe, durable, efficient wood-burning Ecocina cookstoves to replace open fire cooking. We work with nonprofit organizations and Rotary Clubs and help them place an order for stoves with a local entrepreneur to provide the necessary training and support to produce them. We have helped start stove projects in Mexico, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, and Guatemala.
Donate a StoveStart a Factory Where Stoves are Sold
- Reduce burns, respiratory, eye and skin problems
- Reduce carbon monoxide emissions by 68% and particulate matter by 86%
- Reduce wood use by over 50%
- Are built from all local materials such as concrete, pumice and low-fired tile
- Are low cost with an average sale price of $55.00-$70.00
- Are built and distributed in Central America
- Provide local jobs in sustainable factories
- Are widely accepted and are adapted to local cooking methods
- Are portable and quick-cooking, requiring no installation or chimney